- Boys’ soccer
Mashi Johnson and Sean Williams ended their high school soccer careers on winning notes. They both played well in the South’s 1-0 victory over the North in the All-Star soccer game hosted in Fairmont on Nov. 20. Bill Jones, of Huntington, scored the only goal of the contest.
Nick Branson was also selected to play in the game, but he had an out-of-state campus visit scheduled on that date.
Listed below are Princeton’s final goals and assists for the season:
• Nick Branson: 20 goals, three assists.
• Mashi Johnson: 10 goals, eight assists.
• Brandon Barrett: eight goals, four assists.
• Cort Fulknier: four goals, five assists.
• Wes Muncy: five goals, three assists.
• Tahj Johnson: three goals.
• Brett Caldwell: two goals, one assist.
• Bassel Zein: one goal, two assists.
• Will Hickman: one goal, one assist.
• Cory Gibbs: one goal, one assist.
• Joshua Nieto: one goal, one assist.
• David Cooper: two assists.
• Jordan Harris: one assist.
• Sean Williams: one assist.
Caldwell, Nieto, Cooper, Harris and Williams were primarily defensive specialists.
The Mountain State Athletic Conference has named Princeton senior Chelsy Walker to its honorable mention all-conference team. Walker was Princeton’s team leader in kills and service points. She is also a member of the Tigerette basketball squad.
With the gridiron season over, the 2010 team’s statistics are complete. The leaders include:
• Scoring: O.B. Pannell, 48 points; Corey Quick, 36 points; Tahj Johnson, 24 points; Tre Hopkins, 18 points; Travis Tabor, 14 points; David Brewster, six points; Storm McPherson, six points; and Dustin Duggan, two points.
• Rushing: O.B. Pannell, 145 carries, 946 yards, 6.5 average yards per carry; Tahj Johnson, 41 carries, 281 yards, 6.9 average yards per carry; Corey Quick, 61 carries, 270 yards, 4.4 average yards per carry; Tre Hopkins, 36 carries, 262 yards, 7.3 yards per carry; Tevin Allen, 22 carries, 203 yards, 9.2 yards per carry.
• Passing: Storm McPherson, 86 attempts, 34 completions, 39.5 percent, two interceptions, four touchdowns; Corey Quick, 37 attempts, 13 completions, 35 percent, four interceptions, one touchdown.
• Receiving: David Brewster, nine receptions, 178 yards, 19.8 yards per reception; Corey Quick, eight receptions, 95 yards, 11.9 yards per reception; Tre Hopkins, seven receptions, 93 yards, 13.3 yards per reception; O.B. Pannell, six receptions, 127 yards, 21.2 yards per reception; Dustin Duggan, five receptions, 45 yards, nine yards per reception.
• Tackling: Jared Skeens: 65.5 tackles; Johnny Midkiff, 56.5 tackles; Dalton Christian, 56 tackles; Jody Blankenship, 42 tackles.
• Sacks: Corey Quick, Brett Carroll, Brandon Brown and Brandon Danieley all recorded one sack each.
• Interceptions: O.B. Pannell, three.