The following are small news items that appeared in the Princeton Times for the week of Sept. 24, 1970:
*Yolanda Mae "Ann" Hall of Princeton girl was found guilty assault and battery by Juvenile Judge Howeard M. Jarrett and sentenced to one year at the Industrial School in Salem, Va.
*Improvements on the McComas-Matoaka roadway, routes 10 and 10/11, beginning at Giatto and extending into McComas. The roadway itself will be "skip paved" and the surrounding ditches and shoulders will be repaired and cleaned in order to improve drainage.
*The Princeton Times was honored in three categories in that year's West Virginia Press Association's "Better Newspaper" contest. The Times won second place in the "Best News Story" category; Second place in the "Best Local Column" category; and first place in the "Best Self Promotion/Advertisement" category.
*Lacy Wright Jr. of Princeton scored a hole-in-one on the 165 yard, second hole at Twin Falls State Park Golf Course in Pineville. Wright used an eight-iron to make the shot.
*In racing news, Super Command, better known as "Little Wing", captured the North Carolina Championship Stakes in Raleigh, N.C. The horse is owned by H. P. Hunnicut of Princeton and trained by Thad Williams of Wytheville Va. Little Wing also held the title of Grand Champion of West Virgina and was a two-time winner of the Five-Gaited Stallion Class out of Lexington, Ky. His father was the World Grand Champion Five-Gaited Saddle Horse in 1948-1954, Wing Commander.
- Pieces from Princeton's Past
- From the March 5, 1992 Archives: City Council decision protested
- From the Feb. 6, 1992 Archives: At the Movies
- From the Feb. 6, 1992 Archives: Academic Substitutes at a low
- From the Jan. 16, 1992 Archives: Capsule Report
- From the Jan. 9, 1992 Archives: State cuts to colleges concerns Beasley
- From the Jan. 9, 1992 Archives: Allen's and Acme supermarkets to merge
- From the Jan. 2, 1992 Archives: New Singer Reed
- From the Jan. 2, 1992 Archives: Teachers to be graded
- 1978 Archives: Year in Review
- From the Dec. 28, 1978 Archives: Continuing BOE controversy
- More Pieces from Princeton's Past Headlines