Princeton Primary invites volunteers to Read to Me Day
As part of American Education Week, volunteers throughout the community converged on Princeton Primary School to participate in National Read To Me Day Thursday at the school. Here, volunteer readers include Princeton Fire Department's Charlie Croy, Veterinary Associates' Dr. April Munique, and Concord University's Mike Cox.
- Slideshow: Princeton Christmas parade ushers holiday season into town The Princeton-Mercer County Chamber of Commerce hosted its annual Christmas Parade Monday, Dec. 2. More than 100 floats, bands, vehicles and other participants marched and rolled their way along Mercer Street, delivering holiday cheer to thousands of bystanders who came out to enjoy the region's largest Christmas parade.
- Slideshow: Ceres School students count blessings, fill cornucopias Third- and fourth-grade students at Ceres Elementary School spent part of their day Tuesday being thankful. The colored Thanksgiving cornucopias, before teacher Lisa Blankenship and her daughter, Madeline, taught them how to make popcorn without a microwave. The students then filled their cornucopias with the healthy snack.
- Slideshow:Diamonds 'N Gold Look glistens at ribbon-cutting Randolph Evans and his team cut the ceremonial ribbon to officially declare the newest store in their shopping destination — Diamonds 'N Gold Look — open at 901 Mercer St., Princeton. The store joins The Bronze Look I and II, offering shoppers jewelry, fine art, collectible coins, art glass and much more.
- Slideshow: Melrose fifth-graders celebrate moms Melrose School's fifth-graders in Leann Taylor's class welcomed their moms, or grandmas, to school Tuesday with a special Muffins with Mom event. Students were encouraged to bring their moms to school for breakfast in the classroom and a special story. Thursday, the same class will have Donuts with Dad.
- Slideshow: Princeton Veterans Day Parade
- Slideshow: Trick-or-Treat at the Times 1-70 Batman & Robin, a handful of princesses, a Mercer County Sheriff’s Deputy and several ghouls of all sorts visited the Princeton Times office Thursday, October 31, for the 2013 Trick-or-Treat at the Times. Photo prints and CDs will be available for pickup on Nov. 8, and the costume contest winners will be announced in Friday, Nov. 8, Princeton Times, but for now, enjoy a sampling of the photos we shot at the event.
- Slideshow: Trick-or-Treat at the Times 71-142 Batman & Robin, a handful of princesses, a Mercer County Sheriff’s Deputy and several ghouls of all sorts visited the Princeton Times office Thursday, October 31, for the 2013 Trick-or-Treat at the Times. Photo prints and CDs will be available for pickup on Nov. 9, and the costume contest winners will be announced in Friday, November 8, Princeton Times, but for now, enjoy a sampling of the photos we shot at the event.
- Slideshow: Firefighters battle Combs Run fire Firefighters from Princeton, East River, and Green Valley-Glenwood battled a structure fire on Combs Run Road near Princeton Thursday afternoon.
- Fall Photo Contest Entries
- Slideshow: Women's Expo offers shopping, entertainment extravaganza The 12th annual Princeton-Mercer County Chamber of Commerce took over the Brushfork Armory on Oct. 25-26, bringing a wide array of entertainment options, exhibitors, vendors and more under one roof for a two-day extravaganza that drew thousands of visitors.